We respect your right to privacy online and are firmly committed to protecting your privacy as a user of the Website.
We want you to be clear about how we’re using your personal information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy. We understand and appreciate that users of the Website are concerned about their privacy, and the confidentiality and security of any information that may be provided to us. We therefore aim to maintain a safe and secure system of handling your personal information and will ensure that such personal information is handled in strict compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the “Act”) as amended and all applicable privacy legislation protecting the rights of individuals.
– What personal information we collect and why we collect it.
– How we store and use your personal information.
– How to contact us in the event you’d like to change the personal information we hold about you and how to lodge a complaint.
Personal Information we collect
We collect information in two ways:
– Information you give us. There are some features on this Website which require personal information to be provided to be able to offer the highest level of personalisation and support. We will only collect personally identifiable information from you, such as your email address, when you knowingly provide it to us. For example, should you elect for us to send you questionnaire results, further disease information, and a follow up email to learn of your progress. We only collect personal information that is necessary for us to provide the services as outlined above. Importantly, in some circumstances if you do not provide the information that we request, you may not be able to engage with us. For example, if you refuse to provide some personal information as may be requested on the Website, we may not be able to contact you.
– Information we get from your use of the Website. We (or agencies on our behalf) and our internet service provider may collect information about the webpages that you review, including what content you are viewing and for how long, but this is not personally identifiable and saved based on the activity only. We may monitor and make a record of your visit and log the following information types or “clickstream data” for statistical purposes:
– Log information. When you use the Website or view content, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
– Location information. When you visit the Website via a desktop or mobile device we will often record where you are located through Google Analytics, but again this is done on a non-identifiable basis only.
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information for the purpose outlined above, that is, to send you your questionnaire to facilitate a discussion with your healthcare practitioner, provide additional disease awareness information and to learn of your progress.
Personal Information we share
We will not disclose personal information to any entity outside of Australia. We may share your information with companies affiliated with Inceptiv, such as Pixelerate Pty Ltd. In addition, we do not share personal information with third party companies, organizations or individuals, unless legally required to do so.
Personal Information security
We are committed to the security of all personal information we collect. To support this, we have engaged robust hosting providers and applied security measures, which help to ensure our systems remain as secure as possible.
We will take reasonable steps to:
– protect the information from misuse, interference, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure both physically and through computer security methods; and
– destroy or permanently de-identify the information if it is no longer needed for any purpose
All personally identifiable information will be handled and stored in accordance with our obligations under the Act.
Please keep in mind that whenever you give out personal information online, that information can be collected and used by people you do not know. While we strive to protect your personal information and privacy on the Website, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online and you do so at your own risk.
Access, Accuracy and Complaints
If you would like access to any records of personal information we have about you, lodge a complaint, or if you believe any information we have about you is inaccurate or out-of-date, please contact our Privacy Officer as follows:
Phone: +612 9431 6200
Fax: +612 9431 6222
Postal Details: 211 Pacific Hwy, St Leonards, NSW 2065
If you do not receive a response to your request in a timely manner or are otherwise unsatisfied with our handling of your request, you may lodge a complaint with The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. Details of how to make a compliant are located at www.oaic.gov.au
Under no circumstances may a user under the age of 18 years old (“Minor”) submit personal information to the Website. If a Minor has provided us with personal information, a parent or guardian of that minor may contact us via the methods listed above if they would like this information deleted from our records.